Sometimes due to upgrade or maintenance requirement, you have to change your system. In such a scenario, you have to create a backup of your company file and then save that file to the new system. The will restore all the data in your new system and you can continue your work without any hassle. For more information, you can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012. Here in this article we will learn to create a backup and restore it to the new system.
Step 1: Create A Local Backup
Connect an external storage device like USB or a hard drive in your system to restore your company backup file.
- Open QuickBooks in the older system.
- Click on the File menu and then click on Create a backup of your file.
- Choose Local Backup.
- In the Tell us where to save your backup copies field, Click Browse and select the location of the external storage device to save the backup copy.
- Select Next.
- Next click on Save your backup and the backup will be saved in your external storage device.
Step 2: Restore The Backup To The New System
In order to restore the company file backup to the new system, connect the external device to the computer and follow the below steps:
- Open and login to QuickBooks on your new system.
- Select the File menu and then click Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Restore a backup copy and click Next.
- Select Local Backup and then click Next.
- From the drop-down select the backup file location.
- Click on the backup file from the folder which has .qbb extension.
- Select Open and then click Next.
- From the Save in drop-down select the location where you want to save the restored file.
- Click Save.
Get Connected For Technical Help
You can easily move your company file to the new system and continue with your work. If you need any assistance while performing the above steps, you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1866-656-1012. Our expert will help to fix the issue in quick time. For step by step guidance, you can also contact QuickBooks Live Chat Support.