QuickBooks Payroll is a very amazing feature in QuickBooks that makes your payroll and tax-related activities very easy and accurate. Like other software, you can encounter technical issues while using this software. QuickBooks Error 15240 is one such error. QuickBooks Error 15240 is an update error which takes place when you update QuickBooks or download a QuickBooks Payroll Update. You receive the following error message on your screen:
- Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
- File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not being used by another program.
- Internet connection error: unknown error
You need to contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1866-656-1012 whenever you see this error. Here in this article, we are going to discuss the QuickBooks Error 15240 and methods to resolve it.
What Are The Causes of QuickBooks Error 15240?
Several causes are responsible for QuickBooks Error 15240. Some of them are listed below:
- Improper settings of internet explorer.
- There is an issue with firewall settings
- The date and time settings are incorrect in the system.
You may contact QuickBooks Customer Support for rectifying the above causes.
How To Rectify QuickBooks Error 15240?
There are many methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 15240. Some of the solutions are mentioned below:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks as Administrator
- Open your system and right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop
- Click on Run as Administrator.
Check for the error. If the issue exists then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify The System Date And Time Settings
- Select the time display on the computer.
- Modify the date and time settings.
- Put the correct date and time.
- Choose Apply and then OK.
Verify if the issue is resolved else move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Add Windows permissions to QuickBooks installation folders
- Close QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\. For 64-bit users, C:\Program Files (x86).
- You have to right-click the Intuit folder and then click on Properties.
- Now open the Security tab and select the Advanced tab.
- Make sure the user group is the owner of this folder.
- Now download the updates.
- If the error is not resolved then repeat the
process for the following folders:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- (64-bit users) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Intuit
Solution 4: Verify the Internet Explorer settings
- Click on Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab .
- Select Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 under Security option.
- Click Apply & OK.
Solution 5: System Restore
- Press Windows Start Ket and type System Restore in the search bar and press Enter
- From the result, click on the System Restore.
- If prompts, enter administrator password.
- Follow the on-screen instruction in the Wizard to choose the restoration point.
- Restore your system and verify if the issue is resolved or not.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 15240?
The above steps would have resolved the QuickBooks Error 15240 with ease. In case if you need any technical assistance then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1866-656-1012. Wehave a team of professional experts who can fix any type of QuickBooks issues in no time. Our QuickBooks Customer Service helpline is open all the time for your assistance. Due to any reasons, if you cannot connect to the support team then you can also seek assistance on QuickBooks Live Chat Support.