Most of the small and medium-size business companies prefer QuickBooks for managing their bookkeeping and financial activities. You can rely on QuickBooks as it streamlines all business tasks efficiently and accurately. But being a technical product, it can encounter technical issues which can slow down your performance. QuickBooks Error 1303 is one such error. We will discuss the causes of QuickBooks Error 1303 and methods to resolve it. You can contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-380-2717 for any type of assistance related to QuickBooks issues.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error 1303?
When a certain user does not have the required access to the directory then QuickBooks Error 1303 occurs. The following error message appears on your screen:
Error 1303: Installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory. “C:\…\Intuit”
You can get in touch with QuickBooks Support Number +1888-380-2717 to resolve the above error instantly.
How Resolve Fix QuickBooks Error 1303?
There are many ways in which you can resolve QuickBooks Error 1303 from your system. You can contact QuickBooks Error Support for any type of assistance.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QuickBooksInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file from the Intuit website.
- Save the file to your desktop and double-click on the file to Run it.
- Click the first option I am having problems installing QuickBooks.
- Press OK.
The tool will now repair your QuickBooks and resolve the common issues. When the repair is over then Check if the issues are resolved or not. If the error exists, then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Running The Utility
The utility resets all the settings to default settings of Windows. You can follow the below steps to create it:
- Click on PermissionsFix.bat link.
- Click on save and save the file on the system affected by the issue.
- Double-click on the file to open it. Type Y when the DOS windows prompts. The process to reset the permission of the affected folders.
- Type Y (in lower case) when a prompts appears Are you sure you want to continue? (Y/N)
- As soon as the file starts running, the user may press any key to exit the DOS window.
- When the above steps are completed, the user needs to reinstall QuickBooks.
If the error exists, then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Manually Resolve The Issue
You can manually change the permission to give full control for the system. This is a two-step process that will resolve the QuickBooks Error 1303:
Step 1: Edit The Permissions For The Suitable Folders
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
- Type the following path C:\ProgramData\COMMON FILES\ in the Run window and click OK.
- A window will appear, choose Organize > Properties > Security > Advanced > Edit.
- From the permission list, click on System user.
- Provide Full Control in the Allow column and press OK
- Repeat the above steps with the Everyone in the group, if any.
- Choose Replace all existing inheritable permissions on all descendants with inheritable permissions from this object.
- Hit OK in the Advanced Security Settings window and in the COMMON FILES Properties window.
- Next, Install QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
Step 2: Turn off Simple File Sharing
- Press Windows + R on the keyboard to open the Run window.
- Copy and paste RunDll32.exe shell32.dll, Options_RunDLL 0
- in the Run window and then press Enter.
- Open the View tab and then scroll to the bottom of the Advanced Settings list.
- Uncheck the Use simple file sharing (recommended) checkbox.
- Click OK
- Install QuickBooks Desktop on Your computer.
Technical Help For QuickBooks Error 1303
If you perform the above accurately then you can resolve your QuickBooks Error 1303. In case, if the error exists even after performing the above steps then you can contact QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1888-380-2717 where our certified experts will resolve your issues instantly. Our helpline is open round the clock to provide assistance to your issues.